On Sat, Apr 07, 2012 at 09:22:35PM +0200, Lanoxx wrote:
> To add one example to yours, the new print dialog that is available
> by default on oneiric has a lot less functionality then the tool
> from maverick. Unless one knows that the old print configuration
> tool is still available as "system-config-printer" (if i remember
> correctly) there is not even a way to configure the default page
> size.

That may be an absolute show stopper for me. It still works
in Oneiric on my laptop (I set it back to classic), but if it
went away, I would be in deep, deep excrement. I regularly
travel back and forth between the UK (A4 paper) and the
US (Letter) and trade documents back and forth and print
them on a daily basis. I'm constantly fiddling the printouts
in the print and print preview panels. It never even occurred
to me that something so incredibly basic could be allowed to
go out the door broken.

I'm going to have to wait a good long while and get my
hands on a system that can be used to test
whether Precise can be made suitable to purpose
for my business needs or not.

But perhaps this has been fixed in Precise. If not, there
are going to be a lot of very angry business people out
there...