On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 10:45:17AM -0500, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> And you really shouldn't compile things within a synchronized directory.
> If
> you have two different machines of different architectures, the compiled
> binaries
> being synchronized could cause problems. As Dmitrijs suggested, you
> should be
> using a source control system for storing source code, like bzr, which
> Ubuntu One

You should not make assumptions of what is useful to other folks. If
all of my machines are the same and I am working on a coding project
that I might work with both at home and at work, a common directory
is useful, so useful that I have created my own.

Of course I would personally not use Ubuntu One at all because I
cannot risk putting proprietary data into a machine or machines that
are outside of a security perimeter which I control.