On Monday, December 01, 2014 04:31:55 PM Diego Germán Gonzalez wrote:
> El 01/12/14 a las 15:45, Michael Hall escibió:
> > Please do keep an eye on Devuan's development, and participate in it if
> > you are interested in the direction they are taking. But I think we can
> > all agree that it is*far*  too early to start thinking about rebase-ing
> > off of it.
>
> I only seek to comment that it would be interesting to pay attention to
> the project. I do not know why it ended in a discussion about systemd or
> its alternatives. or why it created so many negative reactions.
> It is not the first time that Ubuntu takes a fork (libreoffice, libav)
> and I think that negative reactions as exaggerated discourage
> participation of users

The only reason Devuan exists is some people "don't like" for a large value of
"don't like" systemd, so if you bring it up, systemd is automatically in the
picture.

Personally, as someone who participates in both Ubuntu and Debian development,
I'm entirely sick of the topic.  While I don't want to discourage user
participation generally, I don't think this is a productive line of
conversation.

Scott K