On 02.12.2014 08:27, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult [2014-12-02  7:55 +0100]:
>> By the way: is it then be mandatory ?
>
> Yes, it will be. As Scott and others have already pointed out, Ubuntu
> never offered a choice of init systems, and doesn't plan on doing so.

Okay, thanks for the clear statement.

So we don't have to bother w/ Ubuntu anymore at all (besides migrating
away), we can concentrate on Devuan. (eg. getting rid of polkit etc).
The only blocker right now is Zimbra, which is currently not packaged
for Debian yet - but as we'll move to OpenZimbra anyways once it's
stable, we won't have any need for Ubuntu anymore.

cu
--
Enrico Weigelt,
metux IT consulting