>> So on Suse, btrfs is used for rootfs but not user storage (e.g. /home is
>> on xfs). I see that attractive, as /usr is mostly read-only and only updated
>> with controlled tools.

So what would you propose for Ubuntu?  Our default install doesn't
break things up like that.  Perhaps just for Ubuntu core?

>Is it really ready yet? For example, CoreOS reported having issues and
>switched away in December/January:

>https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/coreos-dev/NDEOXchAbuU

That's what the previous UDS sessions discussed.  AFAICT from that
list the btrfs devs have fixed the issues identified.   I just
recovered from a power off btrfs bug myself, so I'm very happy to hear
they have a better test setup to reproduce those issues.

Thanks,
Bryan