> Hi Luis,
>
> I strongly disagree.
>
> For my everyday production environment I run Arch Linux since February
> 2012 with a clean systemd.
>
> This year in July I installed Wily from the server ISO on this
> multi-boot machine. What I got wasn't a "Full Systemd Experience", but
> a mess with init scripts and wrappers/workarounds.
>
> Btw. I'm still not used to systemd after using it for around 3 years,
> but for my workflow a clean systemd at least is easier to handle, than
> the Wily hybrid.
>
> You might get used to the Wily hybrid systemd within 30 seconds, you
> also might get used to a clean systemd within 30 seconds, but Wily
> definitively is a mix including init script and wrappers/workarounds and
> absolutely _not_ a "Full Systemd Experience".
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Well argued, thanks Ralf.
It would definitely be better if/when every script changes to systemd way of
doing things. However, we know inertia won't let that happen. People are
content with the things that work.
I find plenty of problems with not having simple tools that allow you to
quickly sort through mundane tasks. A chkconfig like tool is needed, even if
it's overkill.
Having to remember to create a file with a filename matching some string and
update with some command, while being sure it's a full moon and it's before
midnight on a Friday, it's just too much.

Simple works best. Same command for all init systems. The documentation becomes
very easy and newbies get the full Sysadmin Experience ™ from the get go.

In any case, you're correct Ralf that the experience is not the best.

--
Luis