On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Sep 2016 12:52:14 -0400, Tom H wrote:
>>
>> do you really think that this is the best use of ubuntu-devel-discuss@?
>
> Does somebody need 32 bit support?
>
> Neither it was me who opened this thread, nor do I need 32 bit support
> myself. There were just flimsy excuses for dropping 32 bit support,
> resp. how to still get 32 bit packages without an ISO and I argue
> against those contradictions. It wasn't even me who started this
> discussion about poor regions on this planet.
>
> However, if we care about poor regions on this planet, then such a
> discussion is required.

Simply because you care about certain regions of the world doesn't
mean that Ubuntu does or should.

Ubuntu has limited resources. Its developers have decided that their
time and skills and Ubuntu's hardware and software assets are better
used on something other than 32-bit ISOs.

As an Ubuntu user, I applaud this decision because it means,
theoretically, that means that the flavor that I'm using will see more
TLC. We're back to selfishness :)