> On 05 Oct 2016, at 14:59, Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
> Standardized things, at least for a distro.

Each distro has got it's policy, a distro specific standard. We could chose the
distro that fits best to our needs.

There are many other standards, some are unix alike, some are Linux specific
and others are general standards. For example, Linux MUAs tend to fulfill RFC,
Window has tendencies to ignore RFC.

Another topic are innovations regarding inventions for a specific domain, such
as plugins for DAWs. Companies programing proprietary software have a boss who
could introduce a standard for software from this company. The FLOSS approach
is to share things and to find common standards, so it could take longer to
find something all people involved agree.

Regards,
Rlaf