Ralf Mardorf schreef op 05-10-2016 15:56:
On 05 Oct 2016, at 14:59, Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
Standardized things, at least for a distro.

Each distro has got it's policy, a distro specific standard. We could
chose the distro that fits best to our needs.

I didn't want to respond to this idea, but.

People have more choice than just choose which of the bad guys they want.

It's a deficiency if you claim nothing could ever be changed or that you can't work with a distro to change some things or that you can't invite people to like what you are doing -- you can have a developer mindset all you want, and there is no reason to say that you can only remain an island and that you have to make your changes only for yourself.

This fatalistic and nihilistic approach to change is just utterly self-defeating and ugly to me.

The FLOSS approach is to share things and to find common
standards, so it could take longer to find something all people
involved agree.

My country is lauded for this. They call it the Poldermodel.

But if nothing else the Netherlands is quite an ineffective country. The politicians are completely impotent.

"The term polder model and especially the verb polderen (to polder) has been used pejoratively by some politicians to describe the slow decision-making process where all parties have to be heard. The model flourished under the "Purple" governments of Dutch prime minister Wim Kok, a coalition including the traditional rivals the Labour Party (a social-democratic party, whose colour is red) and the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (right-wing liberals, whose colour is blue). In the declining economic climate of the early 21st century the model came under fierce attack particularly from right-wing politicians and Pim Fortuyn in his book entitled De puinhopen van acht jaar Paars ("The wreckage of eight years Purple")."

Internally the thing has some sway. But externally the country is completely shackled. It has no power to effect anything really, and not because of its small size.

That's all I wanted to say here.