On Monday, October 10, 2011 09:00:51 PM Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le lundi 10 octobre 2011 à 14:53 -0400, Scott Kitterman a écrit :
> > How does feature freeze prevent fixing bugs?
>
> It doesn't which was my point ;-) I was suggesting keep universe under
> the feature freeze rule for ever rather than hard freezing it.

Ah.  I misunderstood.  Thanks for the clarification.

We only hard freeze unseeded Universe about three or four days before release,
so I don't think there's a lot of room for gain there.  The fact that these
packages need a manual push through the queue once the queue is frozen for
Main and seeded packages is an artifact of Launchpad's limitation and not
release policy.

Scott K