On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 12:59:07PM +0100, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 8:55 PM, Colin Watson <cjwat...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 12:09:54PM -0700, Evan Broder wrote:
> >> If we're going to focus on making this easier, can we focus on the
> >> first two options? Historically speaking, packages that live solely in
> >> Ubuntu and aren't part of any release's user experience tend to end up
> >> largely orphaned by a MOTU team that's overworked and understaffed.
> >
> > Amen.  Even just from fixing builds over the last few weeks, I'm getting
> > tired of fixing stuff that was stuffed into Ubuntu a few releases ago
> > and then ignored!
>
> Do those who stuffed it in get alerted of breaks?

There were bug reports; they were supposed to subscribe to bug reports
on the package (although of course they might have forgotten; but one
might expect subscribing to bug reports to be appropriate due diligence
when asking Ubuntu to distribute your package).

> What reason would they have to care?

What reason does any developer have to care about bug reports?

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwat...@ubuntu.com]