Hello,

Am 19.09.2011 22:07, schrieb Alex Chiang:
> I did manage to get good feedback about my python module from
> both debian-mentors mailing list and #debian-python. It's partly
> a matter of finding time to address comments; partly that
> Packaging Is Hard, even for someone who kinda knows what they're
> doing.

I agree that it's good to know who to get in touch with about a certain
package if the team or the person is in the same area of expertise. We
list a number of Debian teams at

        https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/NewPackages

> I don't know what we could do in Ubuntu to make the Debian
> mentorship process better, other than helping review packages on
> d-m, and potentially uploading packages if you are a DD (or have
> other upload rights).

There has been a lot of agreement in this thread about getting packages
into Debian first, which is reasonable. (If there's an immediate demand
for having the package in Ubuntu, we can still just sponsor it into
Ubuntu, for example if there are to work-around differing freeze dates.)

If we see this as a solution to the problem, what would need to be done
to push harder for this?

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Stay up to date: follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com