On 11/12/2011 01:08 PM, Allison Randal wrote:
- The suggestion from the room was to close REVU now, and change the
documentation to point new packagers at #ubuntu-packaging and
#ubuntu-motu. It's not helpful to new developers to have a site running
and all the documentation saying to submit their packages there, when
they aren't going to get help there. The IRC channels are active, and a
good place to get help on packaging, and to get to know the Ubuntu
developers who might sponsor the new package, or advise the packager to
submit it to Debian instead.

A web based tool to support publishing and reviewing packages seems somewhat orthogonal to IRC channels to get help packaging. I think it's premature to shut down REVU until DEBEXPO is a full replacement (the most critical thing for me it was missing last I checked was the ability to give diffs of subsequent uploads of a package with the same version/revision.

Scott K