Hello,

Am 14.11.2011 17:36, schrieb Scott Kitterman:
> On 11/14/2011 11:21 AM, Allison Randal wrote:
>> I'll propose a compromise: how about we remove REVU from the
>> documentation for new packagers, so we're not pointing people there
>> first anymore. The MOTU/core-dev who are still using REVU for package
>> reviews can keep using it, they'll just tell their mentorees to go there.
>
> It's not a compromise at all.  I think it's the correct solution.
>
> Existence of a tool doesn't create expectations, it the documentation
> around it.  Update that and problem solved.

I personally don't object to people still using it for their own
purposes, even if PPAs (I know they suffer from the same-version problem
mentioned earlier), VCSes and other tools do a similar job.

If that's the general concensus, maybe we should also add a piece of
text on REVU itself? The other pages I know that would need updating
would be https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Packages/REVU and
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/NewPackages

Any others?

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/gplus.to