> Am 14.11.2011 00:47, schrieb Scott Kitterman:
>> A web based tool to support publishing and reviewing packages seems
>> somewhat orthogonal to IRC channels to get help packaging.  I think it's
>> premature to shut down REVU until DEBEXPO is a full replacement (the
>> most critical thing for me it was missing last I checked was the ability
>> to give diffs of subsequent uploads of a package with the same
>> version/revision.

This was my position before UDS, and I'm still okay with it if it's the
general consensus of the group.

On 11/14/2011 03:05 AM, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> While it would be nice for debexpo to have a similar feature, it seems
> more worrying to me that we still advertise a process that is broken and
> we set wrong expectations.

And this is what changed my mind about the best way to make the
transition. I don't remember who mentioned it in the session, but there
was a pretty quick spread around the room of "Oh, this is a really bad
experience for new developers." We're trying to recruit new Ubuntu
developers with a first experience of being ignored for months (or
years). :(

> Personally I'd rather like to see REVU closed, the documentation changed
> and for packaging review (or general code review) any VCS be used, where
> you can very easily track changes in packaging, without incrementing
> packaging version numbers.

I'll propose a compromise: how about we remove REVU from the
documentation for new packagers, so we're not pointing people there
first anymore. The MOTU/core-dev who are still using REVU for package
reviews can keep using it, they'll just tell their mentorees to go there.

Allison