On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Kate Stewart
<kate.stew...@canonical.com> wrote:
> Between the 12.04.1 and Quantal Milestones,  the QA Testing and QA
> Community testing have a pretty full load already.  (see columns)
> What was decided to try with Quantal was to do a more intense round
> of manual testing on the dailies, the week before the milestone,
> so that the bugs found could be fixed by development, and still give the
> developers a good window of focused transitions and feature development
> time.   This possibly could be adjusted to a round of testing 2 weeks
> prior, but would have to be juggled in with the testing team's other
> commitments?   We're releasing Beta 1 on 9/6, Beta 2 on 9/27 and Final
> on 10/18 - each 3 weeks apart, so not as much room there.

I think the gist of Rick's proposal makes sense; the goal here is to
assure quality, and the "assurance" side of QA has become a core part
of how Nick Skaggs on my team is approaching his work in the 12.10
cycle (such as assuring that mandatory ISO tests get run before we
release an Alpha/Beta). As one voice in this discussion I would be
more than supportive of Nick not focusing on milestones but instead a
regular cadence of testing (e.g. every two weeks) to support our
quality efforts.

   Jono

--
Jono Bacon