On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Evan Dandrea
<evan.dand...@canonical.com> wrote:

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PhasedUpdates
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ErrorTracker/PhasedUpdates

+1 for this, this makes the entire idea much more robust and would let
us at least use data to measure the end user updates.

How do we handle things like large changes that might affect things
outside of the archive, like Steam, etc.? Surely those sorts of
projects wouldn't want to deal with that level of change happening
monthly.

Or do we make a more firm statement about people should be using the
LTS? (Defaulting to the LTS on the website and so on).

Also I am hoping this sort of thing would bring a bunch of new
contributors to  -backports and supporting the LTS for longer, it
always hurt on the inside when you come out with a 10.04 or 12.04 and
6 months later it's already eclipsed by the new interim release.

--
Jorge Castro
Canonical Ltd.