On Thu, Feb 28, 2013, Martin Pitt wrote:
> So if the "last monthly" is supposed to actually be a kind of a
> release, instead of just a blessed daily installation image, this
> would mean that there would be a new series each month?

New series are super expensive to create, need coordination in a bunch
of places etc. and it means we're using the release dist upgrade
mechanisms rather than updating packages.

> I would expect users to upgrade to the latest packages of the RR each
> time update-notifier pops up, regardless of which medium they used to
> install. After a month this needs to happen anyway, so why not right
> away?

At the very least it should be very easy to switch between using the
monthly and going to the rolling release; software-properties UI for
instance, or perhaps also a command-line tool.

--
Loïc Minier