Marc Deslauriers [2013-02-28 11:29 -0500]:
> The security team does support the development release. When we push
> updates for the stable release, our policy is to either sync, merge or
> fix the packages in the dev release also.

That has been my impression as well. I would think that often this
should be the easiest case, as often it just means a sync or even
autosync.

> We will also be pushing urgent security updates to monthly snapshot users.

So if the "last monthly" is supposed to actually be a kind of a
release, instead of just a blessed daily installation image, this
would mean that there would be a new series each month?

I would expect users to upgrade to the latest packages of the RR each
time update-notifier pops up, regardless of which medium they used to
install. After a month this needs to happen anyway, so why not right
away?

Thanks,

Martin