On 02/28/2013 10:49 AM, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Marc Deslauriers [2013-02-28 11:29 -0500]:
>> We will also be pushing urgent security updates to monthly snapshot users.
>
> So if the "last monthly" is supposed to actually be a kind of a
> release, instead of just a blessed daily installation image, this
> would mean that there would be a new series each month?
>
> I would expect users to upgrade to the latest packages of the RR each
> time update-notifier pops up, regardless of which medium they used to
> install. After a month this needs to happen anyway, so why not right
> away?

This is also up for discussion, but depending on how things rollout to
the archive, it's at least conceivable that only modest changes to
update-manager and sources.list would be required, with the security
team pushing two updates to the rolling release for high priority
vulnerabilities (one to the daily/opportunistic updaters and one to
-security). AIUI, these types of things will all be discussed at the
blueprint Loic mentioned earlier:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/release-r-monthly-snapshots