Le 10/06/2022 à 17:52, Julian Andres Klode a écrit :
but I think the main
problem is that there is no desktop integration telling the user
why something was killed so they assume malfunction.

If we had a popup after an oom event saying

   The application firefox was closed to maintain system performance

we'd have a lot less complaints.

I disagree with that. I think the main complain is that the users expect to be able to keep doing what they had started, especially when they had been doing the same type of work for a long time without experiencing any sluggishness.

It would probably better to be warning before facts than after, like when the system is getting close from the point displaying a notification, the same way than you get a low battery warning before having the laptop suspending.

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher