2010/1/8 Jonathan Lange <j...@canonical.com>:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Martin Pool <m...@canonical.com> wrote:
>> 2010/1/8 James Westby <jw+deb...@jameswestby.net>:
>>> On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 10:58:04 +1100, Martin Pool <m...@canonical.com> wrote:
>>> This does raise other questions in my mind. Are we excluding some
>>> packages before we really start?
>>
>> I don't know.  I guess we only would be if the top 100 list was not
>> actually the 100 most important packages.  I'm not actually sure where
>> that list comes from.
>>

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+upstreamreport

I guess I meant "I don't know how it's defined" but
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Upstream/UpstreamReport does actually
define it: top 100 by number of open bugs.  So it will vary over time,
and it's also plausible that these are amongst the most interesting
packages in Ubuntu.  It might be interesting to measure the most
popular packages in ppas, but this will do for now.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>