On 5 February 2011 03:45, James Westby <james.wes...@canonical.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Feb 2011 10:22:45 -0600, John Arbash Meinel
> <j...@arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
>> Now that I've described the state as I understand it, here are some
>> questions.
>>
>> 1) As I understand it, most people are in favor of *not* versioning the
>>    .pc directory. So that when you do "bzr branch lp:ubuntu/foo" you'll
>>    get a tree with:
>>      a) debian/patches/* still intact
>>      b) Those patches applied to the working tree
>>      c) no .pc directory
>
> Well, I'm in favour of *not* versioning the .pc directory, however I
> don't immediately follow to your a, b and c.
>
> I am convinced that "check out and immediately start hacking" is a
> property that we want.

Very well put.

At the moment it seems to me we need to either: import to looms and
mandate using looms; or check in things with everything expanded and
provide glue that will keep the quilt data up to date with the wt.
(Perhaps they should be considered derived data and updated from a
hook.)

--
Martin