On 24/05/11 17:57, James Westby wrote:
> On Sat, 21 May 2011 18:52:20 +0100, Max Bowsher <m...@f2s.com> wrote:
>> A huge amount of the UDD importer's interesting code is in one file,
>> icommon.py.
>>
>> I'd like to submit a series of changes to break it up such that only the
>> most common bits of code remain there.
>
> Good idea.
>
>> Things I'm thinking of:
>>
>> 1) Move code in icommon.py that is uniquely invoked by a single
>> executable component of the importer out to that component:
>
> I think I would prefer it if they moved to their own modules...
>
>> e.g.
>> class ImportList, class PackageToImport --> import_package.py
>>
>> class SubprocessMonitor, class ThreadDriver --> mass_import.py
>
> Especially things like this.
>
> I don't have a strong preference though.

ImportList and PackageToImport really are very much core parts of the
logic of how import_package.py works.

SubprocessMonitor and ThreadDriver look fairly generic - the only
reasons I wanted to merge them in was to spare me having to come up with
a good name for a separate file to put them, and it doesn't seem likely
that they'll need to be re-used outside mass_import.py

Max.