On Jun 11, 2012, at 01:54 PM, Vincent Ladeuil wrote:

>It's unclear to me that we are *known* as a primary consumer.
>
>It's clear that we need fixes faster. Being able to report better bugs
>should helps us getting there and also make us known as a primary
>consumer.
>
>    > And it provides better service to Ubuntu developers if we can turn
>    > around an upgrade of that sort of thing without communication
>    > across a Dev/Ops boundary.
>
>I agree with this goal too.
>
>For the record, I have a trivial fix for pristine-xz that address 2
>failures and a wip that could well fix the ~140 left on quantal.

Foundations team had a brief discussion about this today, and we'd love to get
this fixed.  For example, we were looking at packagekit, which is out-of-date
because of this problem.

If I'm reading the thread correctly, the choices are roughly between upgrading
jubany to precise and backporting pristine-tar and xz-utils (and their
dependencies) to precise, or in some way getting the importer running on
quantal.  We're in favor of whichever approach can be accomplished quickest
and gives us the highest probability of long-term importer improvement and
success :).

If it helps, one of our guys would be willing to help backport some packages
to precise, but I'll let him speak for himself. :)

Cheers,
-Barry