On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Jean-Marc Gailis <jeanmarc.gai...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> We have to translate the Marketing; and not every translation team is
> translating the slideshow for others Ubuntu flavours; they leave it to each
> flavours translations team: us!
> We also have to translate the posters and all the marketing stuff.
> We have to work!
>

> Jean-Marc Gailis
> Jānis-Marks Gailis
> Latvian Ubuntu Translator
> Ubuntu Translator Team
> Mozilla Translator Team
> Think Global, Make Locales.

Hi,

I repeat and 'insist' that I have not one tiny little simply idea about
translation whatsoever. However,  clearly we are so confused and not yet
sure what exactly to do?

I'd suggest to think about it this way:

1- Do we want to translate 'the software'? such us: Slide Show of Ubuntu
GNOME installation?
2- Are we trying to translate the other resources such us 'Wiki' Pages?
3- All the above?
4- Something else?

Once we define the goals and set a plan, only then we are good to go.

Above all, the reason why I sent this email on the first place is to find
someone who knows what to do and he/she will be in charge of all that but
of course keep us posted :)

A side from the fact that I have no idea about translations whatsoever, I
have no time to spend on this area :(

Keep in mind this is 'not' our highest priority at the moment, therefore I
set the blueprint to Low:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntugnome-brainstorming/+spec/ubuntu-gnome-translation

I agree with Tim that whoever will help on this area that he/she needs to
work side by side with Ubuntu Translation Team:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations

If you guys ask me, I'd really really like to spread Ubuntu GNOME in
different language and for that, the translations members of Ubuntu GNOME
to work closely with Ubuntu GNOME Marketing and Communications Team:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugnome-comms

But again, the Q is NOT what resources that we need to translate but
'where' to publish or host that???!!!

Best Regards,