On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 1:52 AM, Jean-Marc Gailis
<jeanmarc.gai...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi!

Hi :)

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntugnome-brainstorming/+spec/ubuntu-gnome-translation

> I think you may understand that Ubuntu  Gnome l10n  team will not work,
> for the most important part of translations, on software, but on the stuff
> related to Ubuntu Gnome that brings us new users, with the Marketing team.
> The l10n team will not work alone, but with other teams.

My original plan/vision even before I create the Sub-Teams (
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/SubTeams) on Launchpad and write that
Wiki Page is to have a super close collaboration and communications between
each and every Sub-Teams of Ubuntu GNOME. In our family, each and every
Sub-Team work together for the greater good of Ubuntu GNOME :) this is what
is going on on daily basis :)

> We also have to make the Doc fully translated, as it is for Ubuntu in many
> languages.

+1

> Otherwise, "simple" people will not be able to use Ubuntu Gnome.

I'd say 'Non-English' users who have problems with English :)
But keep in mind, they will have hard time in case of technical support so
their LoCo Teams 'must' be ready for that and they need to understand this
fact before anything else. This, IMHO, to make our plans more efficient. It
is not that you spread the word of Ubuntu GNOME and gain more users then
leave them without support ;)

If this project/plan (translation of Ubuntu GNOME resources) to be
successful, we need to think about all the other aspects.

> Remember what Ali signs: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
> We have to work Together!

Ah, using my signature to motivate us is smart idea :P haha
YES. I am a strict believer in that :) that is why our family (Ubuntu
GNOME) is and will forever be the best because we all believe in that. We
all are working together. I just love that.

> We have to make our work available through the LoCoTeams, because the base
> user will not look what is going on behind; if he gets bugs, he just want
> help.

Indeed. This is what I have been trying to explain :D

> And who helps the power user?
> The LoCoTeams!
> So we have to help the LoCoTeams!

Mutual collaboration :)

> In the LoCoTeams I'm involved in, there is a big wiki, which helps also
> helps people using others distros, because it is  fully accessible. And the
> user gets help on the forums.

That what I was looking for to know and be sure it is available. If so, we
can start rocking the world :)

> As you may know, many of our users don't use Ubuntu (any flavour) to read
> books about Unix.

It seems reading is no longer a habit these days :)

> We don't have to make their road longer. Remember, we are there to help,
> not to complicate things.

Definitely, our job is to make life easier first of all to ourselves and
then to the world :)

> Jean-Marc Gailis
> Jānis-Marks Gailis
> Latvian Ubuntu Translator