More feedback about my use of Ubuntu and Gnome:
- I've been GNU/Linux desktop user since Ubuntu 5.04 (Gnome 2)
- I've been installing Ubuntu with Gnome 2 to others since Ubuntu 7.04
and massively since Ubuntu 8.04 (in public computers too)
- Ubuntu 11.04 was the last Gnome 2 desktop I installed to others. I
installed Ubuntu 11.10 , 12.04 , 12.10 with Mate desktop + many patches
to make it consistent and stable.
- I'm installing Gnome 3 desktop from version 13.04 to 14.04 now.
- With 14.04 LTS (Gnome) I've been providing tools to others in IT
professional sector in Spain, to perform more massive installations with
the help of peinddd software.

At this time I only install non-LTS versions in very special cases, such
as new hardware that needs newer drivers, or Ubuntu-MATE in computers
since 512 upto 1024 MiB of RAM.

I've been installing Lubuntu since first versions because I was already
using UbuntuLite for small and old computers. At this time I'm near to
change this policy to Debian-LXDE 8.

I agree with Keith Grider in a subject: "please name all programs in the
UI the same as the cli (...) if you want to diagnose the problem, you
need to grep all over the internet to find out what the program name is
to be able to launch from the command line to see what errors are occurring"

This problem is worse with localized UI.

El 25/06/15 a les 15:44, Keith Grider ha escrit: