single voice may not be effective to wake BSNL or Sify.
Anyway, the time i had sify, I used to do, login in Windows, connect Sify,
then remove the Network wire, adn restart the comp. in Linux and there you
go. *** Since sify has static MAC-IP list based connection, so please be
sure that your Network Interface Card has not been assigned different MAC
Addr by yourself.

The sify client binaries available is a pain in *donkey*. That installs, you
need to configure it as  a service, run it with lot stupid step to find the
cooonection which keeps breaking in just 5 mins or less. and maybe that
linux client is now old enough to try, since Sify has revised the method and
released newwer version of the client.
The OVERALL thing is: sift really sucks. Even in connection quality, help,
maintinance and most prominently Linux support. Even Window$ support is
worst in sify.

On Feb 10, 2008 12:32 AM, Raseel Bhagat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Feb 10, 2008 12:23 AM, Harikrishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >  But before that I tried contacting the BSNL helpdesk. Not
> > surprisingly, the lady who attended was like " huh, Linux what ?"
> >
> > My point was, AFIK, none of the ISPs are supporting linux users. And I
> > would
> > be pleased if some one proves me wrong.
> >

> You are not wrong. But as a protest, you must atleast threaten  BSNL (or
> whoever your ISP is) that if they do not start supporting Linux , you will
> close your connection. I think eventually they will have to do something
> about it.
>
> Thanks,
> Raseel
> www.opensourcedeal.com/blog