> Why aren't there any decent third party apps for Mac, macboys use an excuse
> that it has everything inbuilt and the same people would curse windows
> inbuilt IE
> and WMP as half baked.

   You are so wrong! The Mac has a very lively and helpful community
around it, even though its closed and paid. Saying Macs don't have
decent third-party apps is the same as people crying Linux not having
enough apps. Its baseless, because I have always found Linux apps to
be much better than their Windows counterparts, and there is no such
app I have not found (for anything)

> Its unsecure to the core and more importantly apple doesn't care about
> security issues (google carpet bombing), the only reason why their loopholes
> don't come
> to light is because there are rarely any people you'd find who really made
> the mistake of buying a mac.

   I am sorry, but its really too noobish to say anything is more
insecure than Windows. UNIX and its derivatives have always been built
with security in mind. Never wondered why the core-servers and massive
supercomputers run Linux or UNIX? The Google carpet-bombing issue was
heavily debated, and I refrain to comment on that. Apple has always
listened to its users (read this thread from the start) and it shows
why they have a niche market. If Apple didn't care about security, I
am sure no hacker would use a Mac, and we know the blessed ones do
exactly the opposite ;-)

> if given a choice out of the 2 devils (mac and windows) i'll go with the
> lesser devil Windows. My dual boot Ubuntu and Vista PC rocks.

   Vista totally disappoints. Its a waste of money, hardware, effort.
The best option for me is to have the sleekest OS on a machine without
paying a penny (Linux), or the sleekest OS and a sleeker machine by
paying money (Apple), but definitely not a crappy OS on a humongous
machine by paying even more.

Apart from that, I may also refer you to badvista.fsf.org

Cheers!
Pratul

--
dum vivimus, vivamus