On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 9:22 PM, Mehul Ved <mehul.n....@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/3/16 suranjan jii <suranjan.suran...@gmail.com>:
> > Hello there!
> >
> > My name is Suranjan, and I am just new to Linux. I am a college professor in
> > Buxar, Bihar and am interested in spreading the news about Linux to all the
> > professors, staff, and students in our institution.
>
> Welcome to the list and the community.

Ditto

I guess there are enough folks from Bihar active on this list to start
up a LUG !

> > 1. My internet connection is WLL, which is provided by VSNL. Kindly guide me
> > as to how to configure my Ubuntu (version 7.10, Gutsy) so that I can get on
> > line. Is any special software needed? The connection is via USB port.
>
> Try http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=876989

Depending on which model of phone you have , if the above does not
work then have a look at
http://www.openpages.info/huawei.html

This should work for the ETS 2280 (which is what BSNL has been
spreading around )

A Note of caution - i have not been able to get the ets 2280 to work
on Ubuntu 8.04 or 8.10

For Airtone look at the following
Configuring Gutsy 7.10 to work with BSNL WLL Fixed Wireless Phone
AirTone800 1x-III to connect to the Internet over the CDMA network
http://ubuntu-in.info/wiki/index.php/BSNL_CDMA_WLL_Howto

hope this helps

***

ram