Hi Moz,

Thanks for the inputs , short reply at the end

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Moz <list...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have not used the ETS2280  but I have used the ETS1201 which is also
> distributed by BSNL for WLL access, and it works much better with
> internet than the Airtone or Hantel. I have configured the Hantel,
> Airtone and Huawei ETS1201 for internet access, all are CDMA phones. I
> am guessing that configuring the ETS2280 may not be too different than
> configuring ETS1201.
>
> I have the following three lines in my /etc/rc.local, at the bottom of
> the file:
>

> sudo -S modprobe usbserial vendor=0x12d1 product=0x1010 <
> /path/to/filewithuserpassword

is this one line and what doe the filewithuserpasswrod refer too
a txt file with the password (which normally is the phone number)

so can you post this please, would be grateful.

> sudo mknod /dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0
> sudo mknod /dev/ttyUSB1 c 188 1
>
> The vendorid and productid hex numbers are found using lsusb, add 0x at
> the beginning of those numbers. I guess that these ids for the ETS2280
> would be different than ETS1201. The rest should work okay.

lsusb -v gives this output

will try and will get back to you on this

thanks
ram