Hi Ram

Ramnarayan.K wrote:
> This should work for the ETS 2280 (which is what BSNL has been
> spreading around )
>
> A Note of caution - i have not been able to get the ets 2280 to work
> on Ubuntu 8.04 or 8.10

I have not used the ETS2280  but I have used the ETS1201 which is also
distributed by BSNL for WLL access, and it works much better with
internet than the Airtone or Hantel. I have configured the Hantel,
Airtone and Huawei ETS1201 for internet access, all are CDMA phones. I
am guessing that configuring the ETS2280 may not be too different than
configuring ETS1201.

I have the following three lines in my /etc/rc.local, at the bottom of
the file:

sudo -S modprobe usbserial vendor=0x12d1 product=0x1010 <
/path/to/filewithuserpassword
sudo mknod /dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0
sudo mknod /dev/ttyUSB1 c 188 1

The vendorid and productid hex numbers are found using lsusb, add 0x at
the beginning of those numbers. I guess that these ids for the ETS2280
would be different than ETS1201. The rest should work okay.

Sincerely,

Moz