On 4/18/10, Mallikarjun <mallik.v.ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>   I have confusion over E-mail clients, of course Outlook is not in my list.
> It is always Thunderbird vs Evolution.
> I am looking forward to use it as an E-mail client with GPG support &
> Calender.
> I didn't like Evolution because it was buggy, and reviews say Thunderbird is
> better by a mile. Then why ain't GNU/Linux Distributions change default
> client to Thunderbird?
>
> Anyway which one do you think is better? with reasons please.

evolution mayb because its closest to M$ lookout  in feel and
features, and there was a time when with novells dominance it was
popular so a lot of corporate clients still need / prefer this.

Thunderbird is good, i have used it for years but in the end gave it
up because it became unreliable. It could not handle slow net
connections and it gave up being able to download gmail.

Am using Kontact - which has quite a bit of what you want, and may be
more. right now the only reason i am using it is because it is
downloading my gmail mails.

Given a choice i might still use thunderbird because of its simplicity
and ease of use and ease of configurations. But Kontact is much more
richer in terms of multi tasking features and quite a decent tool too.

ram