On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 10:13:19PM +0500, Ramnarayan.K wrote:
> Am using Kontact - which has quite a bit of what you want, and may be
> more. right now the only reason i am using it is because it is
> downloading my gmail mails.
>
> Given a choice i might still use thunderbird because of its simplicity
> and ease of use and ease of configurations. But Kontact is much more
> richer in terms of multi tasking features and quite a decent tool too.

Kontact has always been my preference when I am using KDE. Its a
complete suite and not just an email client (Kmail component of Kontact
is). It is very well integrated with KDE and does the job of managing
contacts, calender, rss feeds, notes, to-do, time-tracker... not to
mention emails.
So if I am using KDE (Kubutu that is), I would stick to Kontact (Kmail)
for an email client.
If I am on gnome, i rather prefer the web interface of gmail ;)

Regards,
Nitesh