On Wed, 5 May 2010 07:14:16 +0530
NARENDRA DIWATE <narendra.diw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have recently installed LXDE alongside Gnome in Ubuntu 10.04.
> After starting the system I just looked at the System monitor to
> see the RAM usage in each case.
> GNOME uses about 270 MB of RAM,
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ How are you getting this total,
i.e., what all are you attributing to GNOME? By a rough count, I
get about 150MB of RAM usage for GNOME on my laptop?

>                                 LXDE uses 185 and OpenBox uses
> 165 MB. However with GNOME/Openbox the processors were showing
> 90-95% use.
[...]

CPU usage was constantly at 90-95%, and you were not using anything
other than the desktop? That sounds like there is something
seriously wrong.

Regards,
Gora