On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:51 PM, K Ramnarayan <ramnaraya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> See article below,
>
> Start Article
>
> Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat Won't Run On Processors Below i686
> http://www.webupd8.org/2010/06/ubuntu-1010-maverick-meerkat-wont-run.html
> If you're planning on using Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat on a computer with a
> processor older than i686, well... you can't.

For me the initial scare was -a) i have 4 year old laptop and b) am
not sure its has a i686 processor

The original article did nothing to help people not worry, a response
posted to the article mentioned using uname -m to find out which
processor was on board . This latter suggestion would have saved a lot
of grief (like me wondering what the hell was canonical was upto going
the M$ way.

> To find out what processor you have use this in the command line
>
> -$ uname -m

right now am not so worried, guess that my laptop will survive for a
few more years :-)

ram