Hi

Some time back we had a few mails about rolling distributions, we also
had some discussions about Ubuntu deriviatives.

So now comes another major news.

Linux Mint is deviating from Ubuntu and going to be based directly of
debian and its also going to be rolling releases.

see http://www.webupd8.org/2010/09/linux-mint-based-on-debian-released-and.html

http://linuxmadeasy.blogspot.com/2010/09/linux-mint-debian-edition-1st.html

**
I think this is  major development, yes Ubuntu is all powerful,
possibly the most installed Linux Desktop. But like all good Open
Souce projects one of its forks is attempting something new and
striking.

These are still early days and 64 bit is as yet unavailable

but what it means is that debian fans - who don't want to work too
hard are going to get and easier look into debian.

ram