On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Sanjay Bhangar <sanjaybhan...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Gentoo and Archlinux are probably the two most popular rolling
> distros. While gentoo is 'compile almost everything from source'
> (hence based on source packages) archlinux is based on binary
> packages.
>
> I have been using Debian testing for some time now on my laptop and I
> haven't faced any major issue. Debian testing is a semi-rolling distro
> because even that goes into freeze at least once every 2 years.

While thinking about this, i did consider all the rolling release distro's
out there. Gentoo was out as i am a non technical user. Sidux and Foresight
as they are not available in 64bit. Debian testing again as I am a non tech
user who would like to use a stable system.

PCLinuxOS and AntiX are partial rolling releases i heard but not sure how.
So that leaves Arch. Will wait till i am more comfortable with Terminal.
LMDE which came out recently is the one that I will certainly try when they
come out with 64bit. I think i will be most comfortable with that.

Regards

Narendra Diwate