Hi Raju

Thanks for this information. Very valuable.

Rishi

On 13-Oct-2012, at 1:32 PM, raju vindane <rajuvind...@gmail.com> wrote:

Rishi I am using netbooks as well as laptops from more than last 2
years. They are just very portable and joy to use.
Ubuntu can be easily installed by a Pen Drive as I have done many
times. I have installed many other Operating systems by a pen drive.
It runs all well.
If you want to know about DVD Drives, let me tell you that external
DVD Drives are also portable and are availaible in market from Rs1800
by samsung,Croma or Buffalo.
Consider these scenarios. I am on a budget and have to choose between
a laptop and netbook.

A) A Budget laptop with decent specs and All thing required comes till
25,000 Rs.
B)A 10"/12" netbook costing at max 18000 + An External DVD Driveof
Rs.2000= Rs.20000

Scenario B is what I will choose as It will me cost efficiency,
Portability, 8 hours long battery life with a Netbook.

And Yes 10" Netbooks have VGA ports only, While 12" Netbooks have VGA
and HDMI both.

I still use My netbook with its VGA port attached to my 14" Monitor at
home. And Whenever I go Outside I always Carry that 10" thing with me.
It just weight 1.2 KGs