<snip>

>  So, before I meander way off topic: I can't possibly be the only one who
>  has pondered promoting Ubuntu, in some way, at a public library. Any
>  experiences, examples, related stories, screams of terror or links? Feel
>  free to share!

Others have pointed out the Ubuntu in Libraries project, which is a
great thing. I wanted to add a point I made when the idea of promoting
Ubuntu TO libraries, as opposed to IN libraries, and how they have
little funding and little IT help, thus are usually quite conservative
in terms of IT. Thus your best bet, like in schools, is to find a
single champion and focus on the smaller libraries. Now if only I
could find that post.

Cheers,

Corey