>  So, before I meander way off topic: I can't possibly be the only one who
>  has pondered promoting Ubuntu, in some way, at a public library. Any
>  experiences, examples, related stories, screams of terror or links? Feel
>  free to share!
>
>  Bye,
>  -Dylan McCall

Hi Dylan,

I gave my local library the shipit details and a sympathetic librarian
ordered a few CDs and put them on the counter to give out to patrons.

As for installing Ubuntu in libraries, that's a different kettle of fish...

Most (UK) libraries are part of the local government infrastructure
and thus get IT services from a local govt. IT department. 99.9% of
local government IT (desktop at least) runs on Windows, so that's what
you're likely to find in a library.

It's generally not up to the library staff to choose what IT
infrastructure they use unfortunately.

Chris