Going back to the meeting topic for a sec...

>From the people that have voted on the poll, and the list of available
times in the Meetings page it appears 20:00 UTC would be the most
convenient hour. Is that ok, or is that not a good time for someone?

About the day, I would say it should be ASAP. What do you think? Also,
it would be nice if we could start filling up the Agenda. I don't know
how its normally done, but in our LoCo anyone is free to add anything
but they have to add their wiki name beside the subject.

On 6/1/08, John Botscharow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A few days, someone asked me if I would lead this group. I postponed
> answering that question at the time, because I believe actions speak
> louder than words and because I felt it would be better to let others do
> the nominating, but since you asked this way:
>
> 1. Yes, I have the time. I do not have a day job and can easily devote 8
> hours or more a day, 7 days a week to the team.
>
> 2. Do I have the inclination? Most definitely. Otherwise I would not
> have said and done what I have this past week or so.
>
> 3. Do I have the shills and talents? In marketing and management, yes, I
> believe so. I don't have much esperience in Ubuntu - things like using
> wikis or familiarity with the technical aspects, etc
>
> 4. Should I lead this team? That's for the membership to decide.
>
> On Sun, 2008-06-01 at 18:39 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 10:08:31AM -0500, John Botscharow wrote:
>> > Also, by voting on leadersip and direction, it allows everyone, or at
>> > least most everyone, to feel ownership of this team, to buy into the
>> > team and its goals. Without that sense of ownership, people are not
>> > going to be very active or effective.
>> >

>> I haven't read every message in the lengthy thread recently, sorry, so
>> this
>> question may already have been covered.
>>
>> Has anyone actually stepped up and said that they have
>> time/inclination/skills to lead this team? If not then calling a meeting
>> and
>> voting will be somewhat moot.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Al.
>>
> --
> Peace!
>
> John
>
> You do have choice on what operating system you use:
> http://www.ubuntu.com/
>
> I am an Ubuntu user!
> My profile: https://launchpad.net/~jbotscharow
> My wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JohnBotscharow