It's not finished yet, still need to add some sort of free music over it
(suggestions? Something soothing I reckon). But for your (pre)viewing
pleasure: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5931624988227229012&hl=en

(ironically, I had to use Windows Movie Maker to create it  :/  )

Ronnie Tucker wrote:
> [...]
>>     maybe the old quote: 'every action has an equal, and opposite,
>>     reaction'. Doesn't really mean anything to Ubuntu, but the 'equal and
>>     opposite' sounds good.  :D
>>
>>     Just my tuppence worth... hell, if people like the idea, I'll make the
>>     video!  :D
>>

>>     Jacob F. Roecker wrote:
>>     > OK All:
>>     >
>>     > I'm working a few different video ideas for the whyubuntu.com
>>     <http://whyubuntu.com> site.
>>     > Each will be uniquely different from other ads.
>>     >
>>     > I read the article in slashdot today
>>     > http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/01/02/2330237 that shows
>>     > linux should get more attention just for being free.  I plan on
>>     > capitalizing on that.
>>     >
>>     > Here's what I'm thinking:
>>     >
>>     >     * We do a "I am Ubuntu" video (just because it's easy and fun)
>>     >       //Jacob Roecker//
>>     >     * We do a "Ubuntu is free" video --appeal to the economic
>>     >       situation.  PC on a budget.
>>     >     * We do a "Ubuntu is splashy"  I mean--it's a dang good looking
>>     >       OS!  Dontcha think?
>>     >     * We do a "Fall in love with your computer all over again"
>>      video
>>     >     * We do a "weight loss video"  --this is one of my favorites.
>>     >       Have someone say that they used to eat while their
>>     computer was
>>     they've
>>     >       lost "75 pounds" --just put a disclaimer on the bottom
>>     that says
>>     >       "not a real scenario"
>>     >     * We do a "It's ok to smile again" video
>>     >
>>     > Anyone intersted in taking the lead on any of these videos let me
>>     > know.  These flicks will alternate on the main page of the
>>     > whyubuntu.com <http://whyubuntu.com> site.  Edited, they should
>>     each be about 15-30 seconds
>>     > on length.  The last two seconds of each should be the Ubuntu Logo
>>     > with "Ubuntu=Humanity" at the bottom.  For youtube/google video
>>     > purposes the videos will also need to have the URL whyubunut.com
>>     <http://whyubunut.com> on
>>     > the final screen.
>>     >
>>     > There are certainly topics missing so if you've got an idea work it.
>>     >
>>     > What I've decided to go with here is not just to mimic the MS or Mac
>>     > ads, but to mimic advertising in general.  I think Ubuntu can
>>     get away
>>     > with spoofing along the lines of firefox's Billy's Browser:
>>     > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox9xB0kqYpY  Irreverence almost seems
>>     > to be a theme in the FOSS environment.  Let's use it.
>>     >
>>     > I still need "I am Ubuntu's" from folks.  Every language you can
>>     > muster!  Let me know if you're having trouble sending them in.  The

Ronnie Tucker

ron...@ronnietucker.co.uk
www.RonnieTucker.co.uk

MSN: ronnietuc...@hotmail.com