Hi Ronnie,

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Ronnie Tucker <ron...@ronnietucker.co.uk> wrote:
> OK, here's a 'beta2' of the WhyUbuntu comparison video I was working on.
> Completely remade in Sony Vegas (thanks for the tip Jacob!) clocks in at
> 50 secs, and using a bit more pizazz this time. This is much closer to
> my original idea...
{snip}
> All comments welcome.

I like this - if the quality of the video can be improved then it will
be effective. I particularly like the way you've gone out and got a
mockup going quickly for discussion. A few suggestions:

1. I think the effect would be clearer if you followed each of the
subtitles for the Windows applications with a question mark, and
prefaced each Ubuntu application with the word "Try" or something
similar. e.g.:

"Microsoft Word?" [pause]
"Try Openoffice.org Writer"

2. Amarok doesn't ship with Ubuntu, I think you should use Rhythmbox
instead. Obviously, a separate video could be produced for Kubuntu...

3. I think the "most important of all" bit before Solitaire should be
removed - although I appreciate the effort of trying to inject a bit
of humour into the video, I'm not sure everyone will get it and
probably that space could be better used to show that Ubuntu has a
wide range of games available.

Those are just my immediate thoughts on a quick viewing of the video -
take them or leave them. :)

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org