On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 11:36 +0900, Bryan Ogden wrote:
> By marketing FOSS in general, I think that we have a lot more to lose
> than to gain, because of the confusion still associated with it.  Most
> people are still not sure what to think about something that is free
> (at least in my experience).

Even if we loose in the short term (which I don't think we do) we'd
loose in the long term. There is no use to having users who do not
contribute or understand how to in any way. This culture needs to be
grown and nurtured.

I protest again that the confusion is due to the bad explanations and
bad communication of people who do not understand foss well enough to be
involved in creating great, effective marketing.

I have no trouble explaining foss to people in person and few of them
are _that_ confused. Perhaps it's because I don't say it's free.

Martin,