Ok, now we are getting somewhere.  I still have some clarifying
questions, but in general the below email is much more clear on what you
really intend to do.  Please add this level of information to the
blueprint.

Just to be sure I understand correctly, you will:

*       Provide a new peripheral controller kernel driver
*       Provide a patch to the CDC Ethernet gadget kernel driver
*       Provide a patch to the  file-backed storage gadget kernel driver
*       Make a sample suite of both client and host applications
available that use the above kernel components to create a specific
solution.  This solution will include a client side application that
will allow the user to select which folder to share, and then use this
information to setup a network share drive.  The solution will also
include a host side utility that will be presented to the host system
via the mass storage device.  If this host application were run by the
host then the host will setup the network over USB connection and mount
the shared drive that the client side utility recently made available.

No my questions:

*       What operating systems will the host side utility work on?
*       Will all components of the sample suite be pushed into the Gutsy
repository?
*       Can the hardware offer both a mass storage device and an
Ethernet device at the same time?   If not then how do you plan on
working around this complication to implement the sample solution?

I look forward to your reply, but don't let this info just stay in this
thread.  Update the blueprint.

    --rusty