Sorry the format may not be very good since I use outlook. Please see my
answers inline. - Henry

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt Zimmerman
Sent: 2007年8月6日 17:52
To: ubuntu-mobile@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: USB Client Blueprint

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 01:35:51PM +0800, Yuan, Hang wrote:
> The blueprint is updated.
>
> You understanding is mostly correct. One patch to makefile is also provided.
>
> For your questions:
> 1. The targeted host system for Host side utility is Red Hat FC6, Ubuntu MID
> distro and Red Flag MID distro.

Ubuntu Mobile Edition only runs on devices; it does not run on host systems.
Surely you mean Ubuntu desktop?

[Henry] No, it doesn't mean Ubuntu desktop. Only Linux MID connecting with
Linux MID is considered. So Ubuntu Mobile Edition is the host system. RHFC6 is
listed because it's current software development environment.

> 2. I am not clear about Gutsy repository.

The necessary client support must be packaged and incorporated into the
package repository for Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy).  The necessary host support for
Ubuntu 7.10 must also be handled this way.

[Henry] So far our plan is to release the kernel SW in patch format and utility
in tar format. Is it acceptable by Ubuntu?

--
 - mdz