From: Lynch, Rusty
Sent: 2007年8月4日 0:14
To: Yuan, Hang
Cc: ubuntu-mobile@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: RE: USB Client Blueprint

Ok, now we are getting somewhere.  I still have some clarifying questions, but
in general the below email is much more clear on what you really intend to do.
Please add this level of information to the blueprint.

Just to be sure I understand correctly, you will:

*       Provide a new peripheral controller kernel driver
*       Provide a patch to the CDC Ethernet gadget kernel driver
*       Provide a patch to the  file-backed storage gadget kernel driver
*       Make a sample suite of both client and host applications available that
use the above kernel components to create a specific solution.  This solution
will include a client side application that will allow the user to select which
folder to share, and then use this information to setup a network share drive.
The solution will also include a host side utility that will be presented to
the host system via the mass storage device.  If this host application were run
by the host then the host will setup the network over USB connection and mount
the shared drive that the client side utility recently made available.

No my questions:

*       What operating systems will the host side utility work on?
*       Will all components of the sample suite be pushed into the Gutsy
repository?
*       Can the hardware offer both a mass storage device and an Ethernet
device at the same time?   If not then how do you plan on working around this
complication to implement the sample solution?

I look forward to your reply, but don’t let this info just stay in this thread.
 Update the blueprint.

    --rusty