* "Zhu, Peter J"

| [...] And from some review info, cacher is only used to improve
| performance. If anybody here know more about cacher, let us know. If
| nobody can provide appropriate info, I suggest removing this
| dependency.

hildon-theme-plankton had the hildon-theme-cacher dependency removed
in Matt Zimmerman's upload on June 12th.

Could you provide me with the output of «apt-cache policy
hildon-theme-cacher» from your system?

[...]

| Questions comes, why make a copy from icon theme to applicaton theme?

No idea.

| And hildon-desktop code has some references to icons that are in
| /usr/share/themes/mobile-basic/images. But that's strange and not comply
| with standards. I suggest moving them to /usr/share/icons/hildon/, idea?
| I might have to figure out why hildon-desktop can find them.

Sounds like a plan.

| 2. Who knows how to set background on the fly in current hildon-desktop?
| Currently, the background pic and accompanying desktop file are stored
| in /usr/share/background. But I don't know how to set it on the fly.

There's a dbus method for it and I believe hildon-desktop knows how
to, so you could grep through the source there.

[...]

| 4. How to set icon theme and application theme on the fly in current
| hildon desktop?

In the normal desktop, gnome-settings-daemon is responsible for
applying the settings, so you could take a look at exactly how it is
doing it?

--
Tollef Fog Heen